Monday, July 03, 2006

Iguanas in Aruba

I wish I was in Tijuana eatting BBQ iguana - Mexican Radio, Wall of Voodoo

Most of the pictures that I took in Aruba were of iguanas. They were all over the grounds of the hotel Manchebo. It was amazing how the iguanas just appeared in the late morning. One morning I went out on the hotel balcony to scout out the Iguanas. I wanted to know where they slept. As the sun rose I spotted a few on the roof tops in between air conditioning units and squeezed in small spaces. The nights in Aruba can be a little chilly (due to the wind) and I think the iguanas take shelter where ever they can.

We fed the iguanas papayas. They seemed to like it and brough down a lot of the iguanas hidden in the trees. Some mornings there were at least a dozen iguanas coming out for papayas.

The iguanas moved surprisingly fast. We observed some territorial squermishes in the trees that resulted in a iguana chase scene. The out come was the larger of the iguana would win.


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: